We help small and medium-sized businesses in Devon grow by increasing their visibility in online searches.
Click below to find out for FREE how our Devon SEO could get more visitors to your website.
Search engine optimisation for Devon
Would you like to see your website on the first page of search engine results and stay there?
Would you like to grow your business, attract more visitors and increase sales?
With Spotty Dog search engine optimisation services, you can achieve this. Let us boost your website’s visibility and make it start showing up in organic search results pages on Google for terms that will drive visitors that are likely to buy from you, or ‘convert’ in SEO speak.
While we do offer our SEO services nationally, our focus really is on servicing the needs of small and medium-sized businesses in and near Devon. We are proudly based in Devon and this, along with work in our sister business, has allowed us to gain unique insights into the challenges commonly faced by local businesses and how we can help.
We believe our business experience, together with our SEO strategy, can take your business to the next level. Find out how we could help you with our FREE, no obligation, website review.
(No prizes for guessing how we came up with our name!)
What do SEO Devon services involve?
In a nutshell we undertake extensive research and make off-page (technical) and on-page improvements. We also create high quality, new, optimised content and develop industry-relevant link building. We will advise on whether pay per click advertising would be beneficial, along with looking at your social media.
Depending on your needs and budget, our SEO services follow some or all of the following strategy:
We will help you work out your SEO objectives and create a realistic strategy with you can follow. Or we can pick up bits for you. Whatever is best.
For maximum visibility we analyse your website and ensure the search engines can easily find, crawl and index it. This also deals with website load times.
New content is needed to answer the types of searches your prospective customer makes. We will use the keyword research to optimise your existing content or create new copy.
Solid keyword research is the foundation of SEO. We will research the search queries and phrases that are best for you and the stage of your business.
We will optimise each key page for the most profitable keywords for your business and optimise your site’s URLs, images, headings and links.
We will research your competitors, see what they’re doing well and assess their strengths and weaknesses. We’ll use this information to your advantage and boost your website’s rank and conversion rate.
Analytics set up
Analytics data is the best way to monitor how well a website is performing. If you haven’t already got it, we will install Google Analytics on your site and monitor the effects the SEO services are having.
Some backlinks can be harmful to a website’s potential ranking. We will ask Google to ignore spammy links. We will add relevant, quality links that help your site.
Link Building through high quality links, as opposed to volume, is Spotty Dog’s preferred strategy and is a great way to improve your website’s ranking.
1. Order your free review
Tell us about your website, and any other information you want to add, like competitors and the keywords you’re trying to rank for. We will send you a free review unique to your business.
In your review, we’ll analyse how well your website is optimised for SEO, how easy to navigate it is and what keywords it’s ranking for already. Depending on your objectives, we will also take a look at your Google My Business listing, social media profiles and your pay per click ads, if you’re running any.
We will list our suggestions and recommendations for you, many of which you can implement yourself.
There is no obligation whatsoever to use our SEO services.
2. Pick a strategy
If you like what we’ve done for you and you’d like to work together, great! We’ll find out a bit more about your business and goals and then give you some SEO options to choose from, depending on your budget and requirements. All options begin with a website and SEO audit. For example:
- ‘DIY’ – we will undertake an in-depth audit of your website and competitors and give you a list of actions to take to optimise your website so it performs better than before. We’ll be on hand for a half hour catch up each month to answer any questions.
- Spotty ‘bits’ – You choose the bits you’re comfortable working on, and we’ll pick up the rest. Depending on your budget and what you’re comfortable taking on, we agree how long Spotty Dog spends working on your site each month.
- Spotty ‘done for you’ – we’ll work as part of your team to manage your SEO campaign for you, allowing you do do what you do best and focus on running your business.
We focus on the long-term, not ‘quick wins’ that don’t last. We do SEO properly. When your website ranking starts to improve, so will your traffic. Likewise, when your website is optimised well for conversions, your sales will increase.
We expect to start seeing results within the first six months, although this depends on how competitive your industry is. In the mean time you could always consider pay per click advertising.
Still not sure if we can help you?
Let us conduct our free, no obligation, Spotty Dog website review and suggest steps to take to increase visitors (traffic) and sales to your website. We will look at where you are now, the market you’re in and what some of your competitors are up to. Click below to get started or give us a call us for a quick chat.
SEO Devon FAQs
What do SEO services involve?
- Analyse current SEO – we audit your site and analytics setup to understand what is working well, and what needs a bit of help.
- Research your industry – we see what keywords and websites are ranking highly in your industry and analyse what your competitors are doing SEO-wise.
- Define an SEO strategy – based on 1 and 2, we draft a list of the most important actions to take to improve your website’s performance.
- Create relevant content – we tweak what’s there and create new content to make it answer as many search queries and questions visitors to your website have.
- Ongoing SEO improvements – SEO is never complete, it’s imperative to keep ahead of your competitors or newcomers and keep your business growing.
How can SEO help my business?
With time and investment SEO can make a real difference to your business. Search Engine Optimisation can help your business grow by increasing website traffic which naturally leads to more enquiries and more sales. SEO is the practice of improving a website to make it more visible to search engines like Google. Our process involves local SEO and improving, or ‘optimising’, website pages, content and links.
How do I know if I need SEO?
Below are a few signs your website (and your business) would benefit from search engine optimisation services:
- Your site doesn’t show up in search results
- Your site doesn’t get much traffic/organic visitors
- Your site doesn’t have an SSL certificate
- Traffic doesn’t convert
- You don’t use content marketing
- Your site is outdated.
What is SEO?
SEO, or search engine optimisation, is the method of altering a website to make it more visible to search engines like Google. The process involves developing, or optimising, pages, content, images, titles, meta descriptions, schema and links to internal and external web pages. It is a term for many strategies that work together. Done well, SEO will result in increased website traffic, leads, sales and ultimately business growth.